Thursday, November 26, 2009

Full Moon!

I cannot, repeat, CANNOT stress the importance of wearing proper undergarments and pants whilst running. I'm a big girl. I wear big comfy pants. But, big comfy pants + running = a full moon in Smyrna this morning. As the eloquent Homer Simpson would say, "DOH!" Yet another reason why it is a VERY good thing I have decided to fight my battles in the secrecy of the dark at 5am. OK, 6am this morning, but it's Thanksgiving for pete's sake, cut me some slack.

Week 1 Day 2 surprised me. It felt EASIER. Well, minus the whole pants falling down thing anyway... Is that possible? I don't know. I wasn't quite as winded as I was just two days ago, but I also timed my running better so that the biggest hill in my neighborhood was during a walk set. I wanted to quit after 15 minutes today instead of 10. Hmmm. I'm going to chalk it up to the FACT that I'm a better runner on Day 2! Go Bacon Go!

In case you're curious, part of the soundtrack to my short jaunt? "Stranger than Fiction" by Bad Religion. Ya got THAT right!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Go for a short (or long) run and don't feel guilty about stuffing your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment