Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh boy, it certainly isn't pretty.

Well, I did it. I willed myself out of bed at 4:58am, stretched for a good five minutes and ran for 20 minutes this morning. Well, not consecutively anyway, I followed the plan... http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
And I SO wasn't wrong. Running really IS the worst form of torture! I huffed and I puffed and I wheezed and I cussed.... It's a good thing that my neighbors seem to be just as lazy as I am, and most of the houses were dark with their inhabitors blissfully wrapped in down-comforter heaven. No, I'm not bitter. Not one bit.

I was, however, ready to quit 10 minutes in, with my lungs burning and my thighs rubbing together (they almost ignited and burned my pants off, I swear) when Train in Vain by the Clash came on my IPod Genius playlist... Coincidence? I think not. All of a sudden, running was singing to me... "You didn't stand by me. No, not at all. You didn't stand by me. No way." Jeez. Talk about a guilt trip. Then, the oh-so-not lost for words, Joe Strummer sang to me, "I need new clothes...." Well THAT did it. THAT'S the whole point right? I started to repeat in my head - skinny bitch, skinny bitch, skinny bitch- and my fat butt started running again.

Red faced and starving for oxygen, I made it back to the house. Maybe it's a REALLY good thing the only time to do this is 5:00am. Wouldn't want the neighbors to think I'm loony.

At any rate, Day 1 down. Rest tomorrow and then Thursday Day 2 will beckon at the crack of dawn. Off to kiss my husband and shower the road grime off of me... I'm a bonafide runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment