Saturday, November 28, 2009

Technical Difficulties....

Not my pants this time. LOL. My headphones. Drove me crazy the entire run this morning. I bought these fantastic headphone/earwarmer thingys thinking that it would make life a little easier on frigid mornings. Worked like a charm - my ears were nice and toasty. Problem was, they didn't work with my IPhone! Damn things. I was obsessed with keeping them working the whole time.

It seems like my entire run is filled with a little voice somewhere in my head TRYING to talk me out of running. It first starts when the alarm goes off... "Ohhhhh the bed is so comfy and warm. You could always run in the evening....." Dragged myself out of bed. "Hmmmmm, these earphone thingys aren't working right, there's NO WAY you can run. Just walk the whole time, it'll be fine." Started jogging anyway. Tweaked my ankle a bit on the THIRD step from my driveway.... "Running will be IMPOSSIBLE! Better go back to the house..." Kept going and stuck with the schedule. It's a good thing that there's a bigger stronger voice that reminds me of my mission (being a skinny bitch of course!) when the saboteur shows up.

I'll admit, this morning was kind of rough. It was colder than a witch's boob doing push ups in the snow, and that kind of cold burns my lungs. My friends in the northern US and Canada, if you're reading this, YES, I'm a baby when it comes to cold. It was like, what, 36 degrees? My cold aversion is TOTALLY why I live in the south.

Week 1 of the program down. I can't believe I actually did it. Week 2 will beckon on Tuesday. Let's see if I can hang.

1 comment:

  1. Well, bless your little heart! I love this!
    You are quite a writer -- keeps my attention. Guess I better get out there myself. I have told the children that I want to do the Peachtree Race with them. Start walking now is my mantra.
    Love the blog -- great idea and I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete